A very large variety of smaller self-contained refrigeration and air-conditioning packages are made, mainly for the consumer durable market and small domestic applications. They include:
• Domestic refrigerators and freezers.
• Retail display cold and freezer cabinets and counters.
• Cooling trays for bottles (beer, soft drinks, wines).
• Instantaneous draught beer coolers. These usually comprise a tank of constantly chilled water, through which the beverage flows in stainless steel piping.
• Ice makers — cubes and flakes.
• Cooled vending machines.
• Soft ice-cream freezers.
• Dehumidifiers, in which air is passed first over the evaporator to remove moisture and then over the condenser to re-heat and lower the humidity (see Figure 26.1).
• Drinking water chillers.
Posted in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning